Reporting a repair
We are responsible for repairs to the structure and outside of your home and for the supply of water, gas, electricity, heating and toilet sanitation.
Please report any problems as soon as possible so we can repair the fault. The best way to do this is through our online customer portal. Once logged into your account, you will need to select your address before raising a repair. Then you’ll be able to upload photos / videos as evidence. Customer Services will then be in touch to arrange a convenient time for a tradesperson to attend or a surveyor to assess what needs doing.
You’ll then be able to view all repair requests and appointments in the usual way.
Routine (non-urgent) repairs are attended within 28 days and planned repairs are undertaken within 365 days.
If you have an emergency repair, please call 0300 123 3399. If this is outside of our usual opening hours (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm), please follow the instructions on the telephone. Emergency repairs are attended within 24hrs (but usually within 4 hours).
Gas boiler, central heating or hot water repairs
If your gas boiler, central heating, or hot water needs repairing please call our gas contractor Smith & Byford directly on 0800 917 8335.
The different repair priorities explained
We raise repairs on three different priorities depending on how serious they are; emergency, routine and planned. We understand that all repairs are important to you but to enable us to schedule work effectively for all our customers, we need to prioritise them:
These are repairs that affect the safety or basic security of a home, or may affect the health of the household (at first we may just make the home safe). Ideally within 4 hours, but as soon as possible within 24 hours of being reported, depending on when you tell us and the nature of the repair. These include:
- A water leak that cannot be controlled – but not from a washing machine, dishwasher or other freestanding plumbed-in item
- Total loss of electricity or water
- Gas leak – if you smell gas or are worried about a possible gas leak, please immediately contact the gas emergency services on 0800 111 999
- Broken lifts
- Fire damage
- Insecure property
- Major structural damage
- Complete loss of heating where no temporary solution
- Breakdown of hot-water supply or boiler. Our contractors will always try to visit within 4 hours but if parts are needed to complete the repair, they may need a second visit
- Faulty electrical fittings where there is a health and safety risk
- Offensive or racist graffiti.
This is when something is not working properly and needs fixing. How quickly we attend will depend on levels of demand, but we will offer you the next available appointment, which will be within 28 days. These include, but are not limited to:
- Repairs to external walls
- Repairs to plasterwork where the crack is wider than a £1 coin
- Minor plumbing works and tap replacements
- Repair and clearing of guttering and down pipes blocked by leaves or debris and causing overflow damage
- Minor roof repairs
- Faults to door entry systems
- Leaking cisterns and plumbing overflows
- Toilet not flushing – if not alternative facilities then this would be dealt with much sooner that 28 days.
- Minor leaks, blocked drains and pipes.
Repairs that are non-urgent and done on a planned basis to take account of the weather conditions e.g. outside work in summer, will be done within 365 days but often quicker. We will contact you to arrange an appointment before the work starts. These include, but are not limited to:
- Making-up of replacement UPVC windows or specialist equipment or parts
- Large scale damp preventative works
- Pointing of brickwork
- Large areas of concrete or paving if not a trip hazard
- Fencing where our policy applies.
How do I give feedback on a repair?
We take pride in our work and always aim for the highest standards. We hope you are satisfied too, but if you aren’t for any reason then we welcome your feedback. We will use this to learn and make improvements.
We carry out quality checks on a random selection of repairs. After the repair or improvement work, we (or an approved contractor working on our behalf) may phone or SMS text to ask how happy you are with the work carried out.