Damp, mould and preventing condensation in your home – find out more

The application process

If you want the dropped kerb or ‘crossover’ to go onto Raven land, you will need an agreement called an ‘easement’. Easements are a legal process and usually take around six months. All applications are reviewed by us, but it’s important to note that not all applications will be approved. If an application involves a footpath or land owned by the council, you will need to get permission from them too.

Here are some links to guidance on vehicle crossovers:

Reigate and Banstead Borough Council guidance

Surrey County Council guidance

Once you have the required permissions, you’ll need to pay for a valuation which we will obtain from our appointed Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) valuer. It’s your responsibility to appoint your own solicitor.


  • Valuation of land by an independent chartered surveyor -approximately £200 plus VAT (£400 plus VAT if a site visit is required).
  • Actual value of easement – £1,000 upwards.
  • Our legal costs – standard fee £800 plus VAT and disbursements (subject to the nature of the easement, the required work to grant it and the process being completed in reasonable time).
  • Our administration fee – £300 plus VAT.

Please remember to include an allowance for your own legal fees.

Make an application

Max. file size: 10 MB.
Do you have permission from Surrey County Council?(Required)
Max. file size: 10 MB.
Have you submitted a planning application?(Required)
Do you have planning permission?(Required)
Cookie Settings