Sign up to MyRaven today and reap the benefits of managing your account online, when it suits you! Sign up

To apply for temporary accommodation, you must either be:

  • Homeless
  • Threatened with homelessness within 56 days
  • Have received a Section 21 notice which is the first step your landlord has taken to make you leave your home
  • Eligible for assistance under the local authority criteria.

If this is you, get in touch with your local council’s housing team who will help you to fill out a homeless assessment form. Every application is given individual consideration and assessed on your circumstances, housing and support needs.

They will arrange suitable temporary accommodation for you until you either find somewhere to live yourself or receive an offer of suitable accommodation.

If your housing situation is urgent, you will first be placed into interim accommodation, also known as emergency temporary accommodation. Interim accommodation is normally either a bed and breakfast, hotel or hostel.

Once temporary accommodation becomes available you are expected to accept this, as refusal is seen as making yourself intentionally homeless.

You will be notified of the reason why and offered advise on how to find somewhere to live.

Reigate & Banstead Borough Council – 01737 276 790 /

Tandridge District Council – 01737 276 790

Crawley Borough Council – 01293 438 000 /

We currently have 142 temporary homes over 16 schemes across Reigate and Banstead, Crawley and Tandridge. All schemes are comprised of one, two and three bedroom self-contained flats and houses, all decorated and carpeted to a high standard. Nearly all of our temporary homes have appliances such as a fridge and washing machine and all have security systems so you feel safe and secure.

Alongside each temporary accommodation scheme is an allocated temporary accommodation officer who will be onsite to help you settle in and provide support where needed.

They have a wealth of knowledge, years of experience and receive regular training. They can refer you to our Moneywise and Parashoot (eviction support) teams, and partner agencies if needed.

Support is tailored to your individual needs as you become better equipped and ready to move onto your more permanent home.

  • Pets are not allowed in any of our temporary accommodation schemes.
  • It’s likely that you will stay in temporary accommodation for an average of three years before being offered a permanent home. When larger homes are needed, this may take longer.
  • When you sign up to our temporary accommodation scheme you will need to pay a full week’s rent in advance.
  • If you are on a low income and will be claiming Housing Benefit to help pay your rent, please be aware that there can be a rent shortfall that you will need to pay. This shortfall is for service charges which are not covered by Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. This will all be explained in the Housing Benefit award letter from your local authority.
Cookie Settings