Try to look after your mental health and reach out if you need to:
East Surrey Domestic Abuse Service – If you are experiencing financial abuse visit the East Surrey Domestic Abuse Service website, they are ready to listen call 01737 771350 9am-4pm.
The Moneywise team can signpost you to a variety of support agencies to ensure you get the help you need.
We can provide a voucher to access your local foodbank where you will typically be provided with food to last 3 days. Foodbanks are for emergencies only, they are not a long term solution. If you need further support, we will be able to give advice to help you moving forward.
- Burgess Hill: The Burgess Hill Community Food Bank.
- Caterham: Caterham Foodbank
- Crawley: Crawley Foodbank Partnership; The Easter Team; Free Shop Crawley.
- East Grinstead: East Grinstead Foodbank
- Epsom and Ewell Foodbanks: Epsom and Ewell Foodbank
- Haywards Heath: Haywards Heath Foodbank
- Horley: Horley Food Bank
- Horsham and Billingshurst: Horsham District Foodbank
- Redhill: Welcare; Renewed Hope Trust; Foodbank at St Matthew’s Redhill.
- Reigate and Merstham: Loveworks; Open Hands Reigate.
Food clubs are open to you if you live within walking distance of the club. There is an annual subscription of £1 to join a club and you pay £2 each week to attend which will give access to food valued between £10-£14. This includes the supply of fresh fruit and vegetables (subject to availability). You can sign up by emailing email@example.com.
- Horley Food Club: Regent House, Albert Road, Horley, RH6 7JA
- Merstham Food Club: 2b Portland Drive, Merstham RH1 3JB
- Redhill Food Club: Redhill Baptist Church, Hatchlands Road, Redhill RH1 6AE
- St Marks Food Club serving Preston and Tattenham / St Marks Church, St Marks Road, Tadworth KT18 5RD
- Woodhatch Food Club / Woodhatch Community Centre, Whitebeam Drive, Reigate RH2 7LS
Community fridges offer surplus food to all that has been donated by the community for the community. A small donation is welcomed.
- East Grinstead: Quarry Café Community Fridge, 54 Holtye Avenue, East Grinstead, RH19 3EG. 07724 873336
- Haywards Heath: Bentswood Community Larder, America Ln, Haywards Heath RH16 3QB. See Facebook page: Bentswood Community Partnership
- Horsham: Horsham Community Larder
- Mid Surrey: Mid Surry Community Fridges. Collection points around the county
- Merstham: Merstham Community Fridge, Merstham Hub, 2b Portland Drive, Merstham, RH1 3HY
- Woodhatch and Whitebushes: The Woodhatch Centre, Whitebeam Drive, Reigate, RH2 7LS
If you have a smartphone, food apps are a simple way of sourcing ad-hoc food in your local area from your mobile.
- British Heart Foundation; or call 0300 330 3322
- Facebook Marketplace
- Debra: Quality second furniture available in their shops in Surrey and West Sussex
- Mid Sussex: Furnihelp Mid Sussex; or call 01342 811 755
- Surrey: Furnistore; or call 01737 773133
- West Sussex: St Catherines Hospice Furniture Store Crawley; or call 01293 583077
Surrey Crisis Fund
We can refer you to Surrey County Council who run a fund to provide Surrey residents support in an emergency. This can be for food, toiletries, white goods, furniture (not replacements), utilities and emergency travel costs.
- Horsham Matters: We can refer you to this charity that can provide food, gas and electric vouchers, white goods, furniture, hot meals, school uniform
- Free Shop Crawley: They offer fresh groceries, daily essentials, toiletries, and children’s clothes. They accept self-referrals, although we can refer too
- Citizens Advice: They help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent, and confidential advice
- Reigate and Banstead: Freephone 0808 278 7945
- West Sussex: Freephone 0808 278 7969