Sign up to MyRaven today and reap the benefits of managing your account online, when it suits you! Sign up

Our Moneywise team can help you with:

  • Applying for benefits you might be entitled to
  • Challenging incorrect decisions about benefits
  • Helping with notifying changes in circumstance
  • Applying for grants or schemes – including grants to help you pay utility bills
  • Understanding your spending and suggesting ways to reduce your expenditure
  • Understanding priority and non-priority debts
  • Comparing your current utility providers with a range of others to see if you can get a better deal
  • Opening a bank account
  • Accessing other organisations that might be able to help you.

You can contact the Moneywise team by completing the form via the MyRaven customer portal.

Request Moneywise support

It can sometimes be helpful to work out what money you have coming in and what you have going out by making a list of income and spending each month.

The Money Advice Service have a useful budget calculator on their website. Click on the button below to access it:

Budget calculator

There are ways of reducing how much you spend. You may be able to find cheaper deals on your utilities like gas, electricity, telephone, mobile phone or TV package.

You may be entitled to a reduction in your water bills if you are on a low income. Discounted water schemes are offered by water companies like SES Water, Southern Water, and Thames Water.

If you are faced with overwhelming debt, we can help you look at your options. We can help you to deal with the people you owe money to and we are licenced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to provide debt advice.

You may prefer to contact Reigate and Banstead Citizens Advice Bureau on 0344 411 1444 or Community Debt Advice based in Redhill on 01737 877 558. These are free, independent, confidential advice services regulated by the FCA. You may also choose to seek advice from other agencies, or a Citizens Advice nearer to you, by calling the National Debtline on 0808 808 4000.

Some items of expenditure should be prioritised over others. This is because of the consequences of not paying them, we’ve summarised them for you here:

Type of debt What could happen if you don’t pay
Rent, mortgage or service charges You could lose your home
Council tax You could have money taken from your wages or benefits, bailiffs could seize possessions, or you could go to prison
TV licence You could have money taken from your wages or benefits, bailiffs could seize possessions, or you could go to prison
Electricity or gas Your supply could be cut off
Magistrates court fine You could go to prison
Water bills You could get a County Court Judgment, bailiffs could seize your possessions
Catalogues, credit cards, overdrafts, personal loans, store cards. mobile phone debt You could be sued in the county court and could end up with a County Court Judgment, which would be likely to affect your credit rating

We want to work with you to ensure none of the above happens. If you are struggling to pay your rent, please request an email/call back from your income officer by completing the form via the MyRaven customer portal. You can access this by clicking the button below and then selecting ‘Manage account’ from your current agreement, select ‘Request contact’ and choose your preferred method of communication.

Request contact with my income officer

Cookie Settings