Annual Gas Safety Checks
Did you know every year 40 people die or are injured as a result of gas related accidents in the UK? These incidents can easily be avoided by having your gas boiler serviced and your gas appliances checked regularly.
By law we must check your gas appliances and service your boiler every year to make sure you and your neighbours stay safe. To help us do this, you will be contacted by our contractors Smith & Byford to book your gas servicing appointment.
To help you remain safe it is essential you keep this appointment. If you cannot make the appointment, please contact Smith & Byford to rearrange it for a more convenient time for you.
You can contact Smith & Byford 24hrs a day on 0800 917 8335
The service appointment takes about one hour. We believe this is a small amount of time to ensure the safety of you and your family. If you have changed your telephone number, mobile number or email address in the past three months, please can you provide us with your correct up to date contact details.
Important Note: Failure to allow us access will result in us taking legal action to gain entry to your home and will result in improvements to your home, such as a new kitchen or bathroom, being put on hold.
To report a gas leak please call 0800 111 999
Please remember in the event of a gas leak:
- Create a flame using matches, a lighter or other source and don't use electrical switches such as lights or plug sockets.
- Put out gas flames if possible.
- Open your doors and windows
- Keep people away from the area
- Turn the gas off at the control valve. You'll find this valve either at the meter or at the point that the gas enters your home.