We are committed to providing our customers with value and options, which is why we’ve made it possible to buy some of our disposal properties (and sometimes land). We are working hard to improve the energy efficiency of our existing homes, however it is not always economically viable for us to do this. In this scenario, we will be looking to sell these homes when they become empty to fund building more affordable homes that meet out net-zero carbon goals.
We have partnered with Bamboo to give you the option of doing this through their online auction platform.
The benefits of buying a property at auction?
- Speed – from a successful bid, the property can be yours within 28 days.
- Convenience – the online platform runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, where you can bid from any location.
- Transparency – you will hear / see all bids that are placed.
- No pressure – there is no rush to view the property and put your offer in.
- Straightforward – all you need is the means to pay the 10% deposit and the buyers premium (£1,995 + VAT), your ID and the reassurance that you can meet the completion terms should you be successful.
The marketing for auction properties normally lasts for around 4-5 weeks prior to the auction itself. This will give you the time to express an interest in your chosen property, arrange a viewing and view the legal documentation.
To place a bid on a property you will need to click the green ‘Register’ button below. You will be asked for your name, email address and a password. Once you have completed the form, Bamboo will send you a welcome email where you will be asked to verify your details. Once verified you will be able to view the legal pack of any property.