Parashoot Housing Support Officers can provide telephone support or face to face support after agreeing an action plan, which will be reviewed every three months. The service is intended to be short term and may include contact with other agencies, support with welfare benefits, budgeting and general tenancy advice.
Description of accommodation
Customers may be either tenants, homeowners or at being at risk of being homeless.
Sources of referral
Referrals can be made via various agencies and need to be emailed to the relevant district or borough councils within East Surrey, (Mole Valley District Council, Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, Epsom & Ewell Borough Council and Tandridge District Council).
- Aged 18 plus.
- Family or individual with an immediate need for support to help them maintain/find a home, regardless of whether they are privately renting, in temporary accommodation, in council accommodation, renting from a registered social provider, are owner occupiers, living in parental accommodation or homeless.
- Willingness to engage with our service.
- Living in East Surrey (Mole Valley District Council, Epsom & Ewell Borough Council, Reigate & Banstead Borough Council and Tandridge District Council).
- Previous or current history of violence/aggression or ASB that may cause concern.
- Those requiring higher levels of support.
- Those with current substance abuse problems where treatment is being refused.
- Those for whom an alternative specialist support service is available.
Referral agents are asked to complete a Parashoot referral form in conjunction with the potential customer. Referrals should be emailed over to the relevant district or borough councils, the email addresses are on the bottom of the referral form. The subject of the email should read as follows: “Parashoot Referral – ‘relevant district and borough name’ – prospective customer name”.
Referral agencies will be informed in writing whether or not the customer meets the criteria for the Parashoot service.
Parashoot Housing Support Officers will then meet with the applicant to carry out an assessment. They then agree a support plan and allocate relevant support hours to the customer.
A small waiting list is sometimes maintained if Parashoot have reached maximum support capacity.
The Parashoot service values equality and diversity and aims to ensure access to the service irrespective of age, disability, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or gender reassignment, HIV status. This list is not exhaustive.
District and boroughs email address
Points to note
- Parashoot support workers do not provide personal care.
- Parashoot support workers do not provide a home care/cleaning service.
- Parashoot support workers are not regulated to provide debt advice.
- Funding is provided through Surrey Supporting People Team.