Do you receive Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit? Universal Credit is coming

If you’re currently entitled to Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit, you’ll soon receive a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions telling you that Tax Credits are ending. If you want to continue to receive benefits, you’ll need to claim Universal Credit instead.

The migration to Universal Credit for those on Tax Credits will happen in stages. The first people to receive this letter will be those who only get Tax Credits (without also getting Income Support, Housing Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance, or Jobseeker’s Allowance as well).

The letter you’ll get from the Department for Work and Pensions will tell you the date that your Tax Credits will end and the deadline you have for claiming Universal Credit instead.

If you don’t claim Universal Credit by the deadline your Tax Credits claim will stop.

There is more information about Universal Credit here  and on the government website here.

If you need help with switching to Universal Credit, or are worried about how it will affect you, then our Moneywise team is here to help. You can make an appointment with Moneywise by calling 0300 123 3399 or by raising an enquiry on MyRaven.

Cookie Settings