Brighter Community Fund
Do you have a social project which needs funding? Do you want to make a difference to your community?
The Brighter Community Fund is a pot of money which, as one of our customers, you can use to make things happen. For example, it can be used to:
- Improve your local community
- Fund a service or activity which local people would enjoy.
Projects need to support our purpose of ‘Building homes, Changing lives’. You can apply to the fund as an individual or as a community group. Your application is then reviewed by a panel of customers who make up the Brighter Community Panel. The total fund is £40,000 for the year and you can bid up to £5,000 for each project.
To see if your project fits, and to find out how the application process works, please see our application guidelines.
Application deadlines for 2022/23
|Application deadline||Decision date|
|6 June 2022||4 July 2022|
|7 November 2022||5 December 2022|
|6 February 2023||6 March 2023|
Some of the projects we have supported
- CRUSE – Reaching out to the Bereaved in West Sussex and East Surrey.
- MHA East Surrey Live at Home – The 3 B’s project – a brew, a biscuit and a bit of banter.
- Merstham Mix Café – summer holiday hot meal scheme.
- Kinetic Foundation – Surrey summer sports programme for children.
- ESDAS Therapeutic interventions for children and young people.
- Home Start East Surrey – early help support for vulnerable families.
- Litter picker project in Preston/Tadworth.
- Merton fencing scheme.
- Redhill Football Club.
- Community Christmas tree project.
The Brighter Community Panel
A panel of people meets at least three times per year to discuss applications. Meetings usually last about two hours and you’ll need to prepare by reading through the applications in advance. Support and training will be provided to help you to carry out the role. It’s a great way to make a difference in your community and help others turn their ideas into a reality.
To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply?
You can apply as an individual or group of customers, or community groups can also apply for funding.
Register your interest using the online form. Alternatively, please download the full application form and the application guidance notes.