Brighter Community Fund
Do you have a social project which needs funding? Do you want to make a difference to your community?
The Brighter Community Fund is a pot of money which, as one of our customers, you can use to make things happen. For example, it can be used to:
- Improve your local community
- Fund a service or activity which local people would enjoy.
Projects need to support our purpose of ‘Building homes, Changing lives’. You can apply to the fund as an individual or as a community group. Your application is then reviewed by a panel of customers who make up the Brighter Community Panel. The total fund is £30,000 for the year and you can bid up to £5,000 for each project.
To see if your project fits, and to find out how the application process works, please see our application guidelines.
Application deadlines for 2023/24
|14 June 2023
|14 July 2023
|8 November 2023
|13 December 2023
|7 February 2024
|6 March 2024
Some of the projects we have supported within the last year
- MYTI Youth Club in the Preston Estate – contributed to the additional Youth Club sessions run on Friday evenings and during the school holidays
- Sponsored and supported the set up of the new Merstham ladies/girls football team
- Contributed towards the delivery of the Timperly Openhouse Youth Cookery Course
- Sponsored and contributed to equipment for the new Youth Horley United FC for 9-13 years olds
- Contributed towards the Christmas Event at the Merstham Hub
- Supported the set up costs for a community websites in Whitebushes
- Funded the prizes for the Woodhatch Christmas Scavengers Hunt
The Brighter Community Panel
A panel of people meets at least three times per year to discuss applications. Meetings usually last about two hours and you’ll need to prepare by reading through the applications in advance. Support and training will be provided to help you to carry out the role. It’s a great way to make a difference in your community and help others turn their ideas into a reality.
To find out more, please email email@example.com.
How do I apply?
You can apply as an individual or group of customers, or community groups can also apply for funding.
Register your interest using the online form. Alternatively, please download the full application form and the application guidance notes.