Contents Insurance

We insure the building you live in but it is your responsibility – and in your tenancy agreement – to insure your personal possessions. You will need to have contents insurance which covers things like damage caused by fire, theft, water damage, floods or vandalism to most of your household goods and contents. It also covers the replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer should it defrost.

We will provide you with information about a scheme run by the National Housing Federation exclusively for tenants of housing providers like ourselves. This scheme offers you contents insurance at competitive rates. We also recommend you shop around to make sure you get the best deal. Some companies may offer you a “bundle” as a special offer, however please remember you do not need buildings insurance – we cover this for you – so don’t pay more for something you don’t need.

Contents insurance is relatively inexpensive and could save you a lot of money and heartache if disaster should strike. So why not purchase some peace of mind and comply with your tenancy agreement in one go?

You can protect your belongings and gain peace of mind should the unexpected happen with a special scheme called My Home. This scheme is arranged with the National Housing Federation.

Please go to to find out more.