Transferring Your Home

There may be a number of reasons why you would like to or need to transfer to a new home. You can find out more information about transferring your home here.

If you are no longer able to live in your home because there is a threat to your safety, we may be able to move you through our Management Move process. This process is only available where there is a genuine threat to your safety and the move must be supported by your local police and/or other relevant authorities such as Social Services. To apply for a management move you need to speak to your Tenancy Services Officer.

If your home has too many bedrooms and you are affected by the spare room subsidy reduction or 'bedroom tax', you can join our Under Occupation waiting list to be a moved to a smaller property. Please complete this form and return it to our Housing Choice Team. 

Our homes are offered at different rent levels which means some homes are more affordable than others. For example, newly built homes are often more expensive than older homes. If you would like to move to a more affordable property of the same size as your current home, we may be able to help you do this using our Affordability waiting list. Please contact the Housing Choice team to find out if you can join this list. Once they confirm you can go on the list, you need to complete this form and send it to the Housing Choice Team.

If you would like to transfer for any other reason, for example to a larger property or for health reasons, you must be on your Local Authority's register. To find out how to do this, please follow the link to your Local Council.


You can read our leaflet on how to change your housing for more information about transfers or low-cost home ownership