As part of our services we:
- Maintain the grounds and trees on land owned and managed by us. This is usually on estates but can include some areas of woodland and grassed areas. We have a mapping system that shows what areas are ours.
- Respond to the individual needs of each area so that quality is maintained all year round. We don’t carry out any major work on hedges during bird nesting season – between March 1 and July 31.
- Carefully monitor the performance of our contractors against set quality standards, using their feedback and feedback from our customers.
- Keep costs down by not collecting or removing grass clippings. This can be done but would incur an extra cost, so all those affected would need to agree to meet this.
- Use a low-chemical spray to gradually eradicate weeds on pathways and pavements, with dead weeds then being removed within two weeks.
- Undertake annual tree surveys on one third of our trees, with those in most need of work taking highest priority in our work programme. Please note, we do not undertake routine trimming to trees in private gardens.
If you have a grass cutting request, please let us know through the MyRaven customer portal or contact us in the usual way.
Grounds maintenance standards
This grounds maintenance photobook document sets out what standards you can expect from the shared outdoor area around your home.