Improving Employment Skills
If you are looking to get closer to or into work we have a number of different ways we can support you. Programmes are open directly to our tenants but some are also available for people in the communities where we work.
The different programmes can help you in the following ways:
- Get information, advice and guidance about your CV, interviews and work life skills
- You can get guidance about becoming more employable and building your career.
- Get support to identify and reduce your barriers to work
- Get access to volunteering and work experience opportunities to develop you skills and confidence
Raven’s Employment Support Programme for Raven Tenants
If you are a Raven tenant affected by the changes to Welfare Reform and need to increase your income, this programme will help you develop your knowledge, skills and abilities. The programme supports people into work and into better paid work. You will receive:
- One-to-one support,
- Group workshops and training
- Volunteering & work experience opportunities.
To access this programme, please call us on 0300 123 3399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details.
Step Up To Work Programme (SUTW) (Communities across East Surrey)
If you are a tenant or local community member who has been unemployed for six months or more, this is an opportunity for a six month work paid placement with employment support. SUTW offers you the opportunity to:
- Try out a new role or build up skills and abilities within a role over six months
- Develop your interview and application skills with support and guidance
- Build up your confidence and abilities within an active work environment
- Have up to date real work experience and references
Vacancy vary across the business and are competitively applied for.
Check our current SUTW and other vacancies by visiting our careers page:
Careers at Raven
East Surrey Pathway to Employment (PtE)
Employment support for those living in insecure housing throughout communities in East Surrey and Crawley.
For more information about our East Surrey Pathway to Employment Programme please visit our dedicated page.