East Surrey Pathway to Employment
This is a partnership project funded by an EU (ESF) and Big Lottery Fund grant to provide a programme of support to remove the barriers to employability if you are facing housing insecurity and to ensure you can journey towards or into employment.
This project is an intensive, targeted, wrap-around service of interventions to support people with significant barriers move closer to the job market or into work. The PtE project works across East Surrey, Epsom & Ewell and Crawley, in locations accessible to participants.
Who is it for?
The Pathways to Employment project works with anyone aged 18 – 64 years living in housing insecurity. This means people living in unsecured tenancies such as Bed & Breakfast, temporary accommodation units, hostels or in a friend's spare room or on their sofa.
You would be eligible to apply if unemployed and a registered job seeker or economically inactive - unemployed but not registered as job seeking.
The main aim of the project is to provide the support and access to opportunities to remove or reduce the barriers people face to employment, including:
- 1-2-1 support with an employment advisor
- group workshops
- 1-2-1 & group counselling support
- online support and training
- support with childcare
- confidence building
- stress management
- job search skills
- volunteering & work placements
- physical well-being courses
- financial management
- access to job clubs
- in work support
- managing barriers
We are taking referrals to the Pathways to Employment programme up until July 2019. You cannot refer yourself, but we can accept referrals to the programme through local support organisations, local councils and social landlords. You will need to show proof of right to work in the UK and evidence of your unemployed or inactive status.
This is a partnership project with specialist skills and expertise. Raven Housing Trust is the lead partner working closely with East Surrey Domestic Abuse Service (ESDAS), Employment Support & Retraining Agency (ESRA), Surrey Chamber of Commerce, the YMCA East Surrey, and Reigate & Banstead Council.
- The Pathways project is currently working with 32 people to date.
- We have to date supported three people to actively gain employment.
- In addition, four people have signed up to specific training to increase their abilities and work life skills.
- Five participants have been supported to access therapeutic counselling to help them with coping strategies and to overcome their difficulties.
If you would like to know more about the programme or make a referral please contact email@example.com or call Raven Housing Trust on 0300 123 3399