Have you got a social project which needs investment?
Do you want to make a difference to your Community?
The Brighter Community Fund is a pot of money which, as one of our residents, you can use to make things you want become reality. For example, it can be used to:
- Improve your local community
- Fund a service or activity which local people would enjoy. Projects need to support our purpose of ‘Building homes, Changing Lives’. You can apply to the fund as an individual or as a community group. Your application is then reviewed by a panel of residents who make up the Brighter Community Panel. The budget is £40,000 for the year; you can bid up to £5,000 for each project.
To see if your project fits, and find out how the application process works please use our funding application criterea:
Download Funding Application Criteria
Application deadlines 21/22
|7 June 2021
||5 July 2021
|1 November 2021
||6 December 2021
|7 February 2022
||7 March 2022
Example of projects in 2020/21
Due to the pandemic, projects during this time focused on the recovery or support to the community. Some of the projects which took place were:
- CRUSE – Reaching out to the Bereaved in West Sussex and East Surrey
- MHA East Surrey Live at Home – The 3 B’s Project – a brew, a biscuit and a bit of banter
- Merstham Mix Café – Summer Holiday hot meal project
- Kinetic Foundation – Surrey Summer Sports Programme for children
- ESDAS Therapeutic interventions for children and young people
- Home Start East Surrey – Early Help support for Vulnerable Families
- Litter Picker Project in Preston/Tadworth
- Merton Fencing Project
- Redhill Football Club – Community Hall
- Christmas Tree Project
How do I apply?
You can apply as a resident and residents groups or community groups can also apply for funding.
You can now register your interest using the online form at the bottom of this page. Alternatively please down the full application form, along with the application guidance notes to help you:
Download Funding Application Form
Download Application Guidance Notes
Please send completed forms to Shuna.China@ravenht.org.uk or you contact your local Neighbourhood Warden on 0300 123 3399.
What do I need to know about joining the Brighter Community Panel?
The panel meets at least three times per year and each meeting usually lasts about two hours. You’ll need to prepare for meetings by reading through the applications in advance. Support and training will be provided to help you to carry out the role. It’s a great way to make a difference in your community and help others turn their ideas into a reality.
To find out more, call us on 0300 123 3399 or email Shuna.China@ravenht.org.uk
Brighter Community Fund online form: