Have you got a social project which needs investment?
Do you want to make a difference to your Community?
The Brighter Community Fund is a pot of money which, as one of our residents, you can use to make things you want become reality. For example, it can be used to:
- Improve your local community
- Fund a service or activity which local people would enjoy. Projects need to support our purpose of ‘Building homes, Changing Lives’. You can apply to the fund as an individual or as a community group. Your application is then reviewed by a panel of residents who make up the Brighter Community Panel. The budget is £50,000 for the year; you can bid up to £5,000 for each project.
To see if your project fits, and find out how the application process works please use our funding application criterea:
Download Funding Application Criteria
Application deadlines 2017/18
|2 June 2017
||5 July 2017
|1 September 2017
||4 October 2017
|3 November 2017
||6 December 2017
|2 February 2018
||7 March 2018
Example of projects in 2016/17
- Stripy Stork - additional storage was provided over the Christmas period for Christmas boxes and buggies.
- Eagles Football club - a community football team was set up for the over 16's within the community of Merstham, Redhill and Reigate.
- Marbles Way Foodbank - the foodbank provided gifts and treats to residents over Christmas.
- Strawson Hall - this funded the last amount needed to replace and improve the hall destroyed on 2015.
- Family Voice - funded an outreach worker to work with parent carers in schools, SENCO's and staff in children centres.
- Tadworth Medical centre patients group - the production of a newsletter.
- Generation Resource Centre - a furniture project through the foodbanks.
- Welcare in East Surrey - redesigned and improved the play area.
- YMCA East Surrey - running community cooking sessions.
How do I apply?
You can apply as a resident and residents groups or community groups can also apply for funding.
You can now register your interest using the online form at the bottom of this page. Alternitvely please down the full application form, along with the application guidance notes to help you:
Download Funding Application Form
Download Application Guidance Notes
Please send completed forms to Shuna.China@ravenht.org.uk or you contact your local Neighbourhood Warden on 0300 123 3399.
What do I need to know about joining the Brighter Community Panel?
The panel meets at least three times per year and each meeting usually lasts about two hours. You’ll need to prepare for meetings by reading through the applications in advance. Support and training will be provided to help you to carry out the role. It’s a great way to make a difference in your community and help others turn their ideas into a reality.
To find out more, call us on 0300 123 3399 or email Shuna.China@ravenht.org.uk
Brighter Community Fund online form: