Raven - update to services following government restrictions on movement
Updated 27th March 3:15pm
We have made arrangements to only undertake essential / emergency services and to follow government advice.
Following the Government’s latest announcement on restricted personal movement from Tuesday 24th March, we’ll be delivering only essential services – like emergency repairs, support and advice about rent and financial difficulties and keeping you all safe in your home as best we can. To protect our residents and employees, we’re following Public Health England guidance.
- We will always undertake works in line with government advice
- We will continue with works outside an occupied home, where this can be undertaken maintaining government advice around social distancing. If, we believe, in undertaking these functions (managing the supply chain, collecting stores, talking to customers, disturbance, consultation, deliveries etc) that becomes impractical, that work will pause / cease. (So, we will support void works because it’s an empty home, and grounds maintenance but not major works around roofing, redecorations but outdoor maintenance is generally possible)
- Property safety checks (such as gas and legionella) will continue but we will be ensuring staff and residents adhere to the two metre social distancing rule
- We will only go into an occupied home to ensure the safety of customers – and under strict conditions
- Our warden service will now focus on our more vulnerable customers and health and safety inspections
- We will now only be carrying out emergency repairs, such as total loss of power, heating or water
- Cleaning services will change to focus on high risk groups and increase it for areas such as handles, rails and lift buttons. Please note, that cleaners have to travel and work separately to maintain isolation. This will slow their work and mean that they may be in their own cars. Priority will be given to higher risk schemes such as sheltered housing
- We’ve had to put all routine and planned repairs on hold but please keep checking this page for updates on when we will be able to resume them
- We’re actively working with the local authority to tackle homelessness: reviewing works on vacant properties and re-letting these, but our tradesmen will be keeping strictly to the two metre rule
- We are following government advice and over the next few weeks, will be adjusting our services to minimise the risk of further infection from the coronavirus
- Remember, during this time, if you having difficulty paying your rent, please contact us and our Moneywise team will try to help
You can continue to call us about emergency repairs, or to let us know if you’re self-isolating on 0300 123 3399 or email email@example.com.
We have closed our offices at Raven House and all are staff are working from home now. That means our reception is also closed. If you need to contact us, please use the number above as our Service Centre remains open.
Our employees and contractors will be checking with customers whether they have the virus, are self-isolating or have any symptoms, so please don't be offended when they ask. If this is the case, we won't be able to visit your home except in certain emergencies and taking the appropriate precautions.
Communities and Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has clarified that during the national lockdown construction sites can remain in operation. All sites will follow the Public Health England guidance on social distancing, and many are also adopting the site operating procedures published by the Construction Leadership Council. A number of sites that Raven are involved with, remain in operation and we will continue to keep operations under review.
We are in exceptional times which we appreciate is very worrying and challenging for us all but please be assured that we are doing all that we can to help keep our staff and tenants as safe as possible.