Worried about rent and bills?
We know these are difficult times, especially if you’re worried about your job, needing to self-isolate or have coronavirus COVID-19. At Raven, we will do all we can to offer the right help, support and advice at this difficult time. The government advice is clear – no renter who has lost income due to coronavirus will be forced out of their home, and we will apply the same principle to our home owners during this challenging time. If your income has reduced due to coronavirus COVID-19, please contact us on 0300 123 3399 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Our Moneywise service is open and ready to help, we’ll talk to you on the phone rather than visit, but we can do this quickly. It is important that you talk to us as soon as you can
- We can make sure you get access to all the financial help you are entitled to as quickly as possible, which will help with more than just your rent
- We will be as flexible as possible and can give you extra time if you are struggling to pay rent or service charges as a result of coronavirus COVID-19
- Please don’t just stop paying rent or other bills – talk to us if you are worried, we’re here to help
- If your income has not reduced as a result of coronavirus COVID-19, you need to carry on paying any rent and arrears as you normally do
We have put together some quick frequently asked questions below, but for more answers to any financial concerns you may have, due to coronavirus COVID-19, please click here.
What if I can’t pay my rent?
If you are struggling to pay your rent or service charges you must contact us straight away. We will support you to claim benefit and/or make more flexible arrangements with you but we can only do this if you talk to us.
I’m worried about losing my job
Talk to your employer. See if you can take on other work. If you have lost hours but not your job we may still be able to support you to claim certain benefits to top up your Income if you are eligible.
I have lost my job
Contact us straight away if you are going to struggle to pay your rent or service charges.
I’m self isolating and on no/low pay or ssp
Contact us straight away if you are going to struggle to pay your rent or service charges
I’m already in high arrears and about to be evicted, what happens now?
We will not carry out any evictions until further notice. If you are about to be evicted or have been threatened with this it is really important you contact our Income Team as soon as possible.
Mortgage companies are giving a 3 month mortgage holiday, why aren’t you doing the same with rent?
Anyone taking a mortgage holiday still has to repay this money at a later date with additional interest. We can make flexible payment arrangements on a case by case basis. We are a Social housing provider and as such still have essential services to provide, like repairs and support for our elderly and vulnerable residents. Offering payment holidays would make it very difficult to continue providing these services.