Money advice from Moneywise
Raven's Moneywise team offers free, conﬁdential, money and beneﬁt advice to our residents. You could
• check what benefits you are entitled to (or try Turn2Us's benefit checker: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants)
• apply for benefits or appeal against benefit decisions
• apply for grants – including grants to help pay utility bills
• get budgeting advice
• get help opening a bank account
• be referred to other organisations that can help you, such as the CAB for debt advice.
We can help you make the most of your income and tackle debt. The Citizens Advice Bureau also provides us with a debt adviser who can help you. This service is completely free and confidential - you can contact the CAB adviser directly on 01737 778383 or via Raven.
Raven’s energy ofﬁcer can work also with you to reduce the cost of your fuel bills.
Moneywise offers drop in sessions at the times/locations below. If you want some advice about managing your money, why not pop in?
- Neighbourhood Shop, Marbles Way, Tadworth: Tuesdays, 9am – 12noon
- Merstham Community Facility, 28 Portland Drive: Friday, 10am - 1pm
- Epsom Downs Childrens Centre: Every other Friday, 1pm - 3.30pm
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, please call Moneywise on 0300 123 3399, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember: free advice is also available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau. All advice offered is for guidance and is not legally binding.
Worried about paying your rent?
Our Moneywise team can help you look at how to make the most of your income and look at where you may be able to save money. Click here to find out more about what you need to do if you're worried.
You may be able to save money by changing your gas / electricity supplier – phone the Energy helpline on 0800 074 0745. For lots of advice on saving energy and reducing your bills have a look at our energy advice page. Even if you are in arrears with your current supplier you still may be able to switch supplier.
The online financial 'healthcheck' from the Money Advice Service http://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk will give you guidance on a variety of money issues including pensions, loans and savings.
Worried about payday loans?
For more information about payday loans see the Consumer Affairs guide.
Benefits are changing (Welfare reform)
Benefits are changing - does this affect you? At Raven, we want to make sure you are aware of the changes that are coming and will do our best to support you through these coming changes where that's needed. Click here to find out more.